Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 25th
Wow! Four days off! I hope every one of my little peeps was enjoying their time off instead of being sick!
New hand sanitizers have now been installed in every classroom. Kids will have to wash their hands or sanitize before and after gym, before snack, before lunch and before and after computer lab.
We will also continue to disinfect desks daily as well as door knobs , pencil sharpener handles and the fountain and sink handles.
If your student is sick or has a temperature, PLEASE DO NOT send them to school. I know sometimes the places we work can be difficult when it comes to taking time off for any reason, but by sending a sick child to school, you endanger the health of everyone else in the building, let alone in our classrooms. Students can return to school no sooner than 24 hours after their fever has passed. Please remember that vaccination does not guarantee that you will not get the flu. The vaccination does however prevent the full severity of the flu symptoms from kicking in, however during this time you can still be a carrier of the virus and spread it to others even ifyou don't feel the full effects.
Halloween! We haven't even had time to talk about this in our room but we will do so tomorrow (Monday). I will have the kids sign up to bring in a treat of their choice to share with the class ( brownies, cookies, fruit, pop, juices etc) and a letter will come home to you tomorrow night. If you cannot provide this treat that is fine, just let me know so that I can get an idea of how much food is coming.
Parade is at 2:15. Kids can start putting on their costumes at 2:00. Sunset Policy prohibits them from wearing any part of their costume to school. Hair sprays in aerosol cans must be applied by a parent, not the student.
Halloween party for all fifth graders will be in the cafeteria this year. We're trying to encourage the kids to see themselves as one big team, instead of kids from individual rooms. Party will go until 3:00 ish.
Any questions? Feel free to email me. I'll repost tomorrow (or Tuesday if I forget) on the status of the party details.
Meap..... Since we were gone all last week, the state has extended the Meap deadline. As far as I know, kids will ALL be testing for math on Tuesday. Normally they would then test for sciene on Thursday..... but since the upper El teachers will be out of the building for math training that same day the kids will have subs. Therefore I will assume that the science test will be Wednesday. I won't know for sure until I get back to school on Monday. When I know... you'll know!
Spelling lists are the same as last week...since they only and them for a day. All other homework they received on the 16th will be due on the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment