Thursday, January 9, 2014

Welcome to 2014!

Wow!  What a LOOOOONG break!  Looking at some of your kiddos this morning I'd swear that many of them have grown in the past three weeks!

Couple of things....

  First... the spelling list that we HAD been studying 3 weeks ago that we were supposed to test on that Friday 3 weeks ago?  Yeah... I think at this point it would be cruel and unusual punishment to try to test them on something THAT long ago. So! Next week we'll start with Lesson 15 and go from there.

Dibels testing is next week. This is the test where they read as many words per minute out loud as they can, and then they have to recall at least 3 important facts and details in order.

Please practice having your student read a short article to you (for exactly one minute) and then have them "retell" the passage to you. They should always start off with  "This story/article is about..."  Facts need to be in order (beginning/ middle / end) or they will lose points.  The retell (in my opinion) is more important than how many words they can read aloud.

Copy paper supplies are running seriously short. In fact, the school is down to the last 3 cases of paper ... which basically means that each teacher now has only two packs of paper to last them the rest of the year. ( Hilarious I know...!)  I know budgets are tight right now due to the fact that we all have holiday bills to pay.... but if you happen to win the lottery (even those scratch offs can pay off!) please pick up some printer paper for our room and school. All donations of paper will be greatly appreciated!

The ski trip is still scheduled for January 17th.. We just need to pray for weather ABOVE 0 degrees! I got a couple of forms today... but I still have a  few that need to come in. If you need more forms, let me know and I can either email them to you or send home a hard copy.
Email me at tsadowski@vicksburgschools.org  or text me at 269-501-3969.

And finally.. keep those box tops and coke bottle rewards caps coming!  I was able to get another $20.00 Barnes and Noble gift card over break with reward points.... The kids have been asking for the "Divergent" series.. so I think that one is next on the list.
Hope you all had a great break!

No comments:

Post a Comment