Monday, September 22, 2014

Sadowski science update 9/22

Hello parents!  

   I'm SO excited to tell you how much ALL your hard work with your kiddos has paid off!!!! 
I returned the science test covering terms from sets 1 - 5 today.... EVERYBODY PASSED! 
Not only did everyone pass... but they did so with flying colors!  34 students got 100% and a 4.0!
39 other students received a from a 2.8 (B- ) to a 3.5 (A-)  That means 87% of our students did fantastic!!!! Woohoo!!  Way to go parents!

      All tests were returned today... I handed them their tests personally and we went over them in class so they SHOULD bring them home tonight.  If however they happen to be "forgotten" I'd be happy to email their score to you.

    As always... in science ANY student who scores low on a test or on any assignment that we do that is graded, may retake the test or redo that assignment.  I reminded the kids of this today. Retake tests are always on Wednesday....but the kids MUST come to me to make arrangements to redo their test or assignment. I won't chase them down. Learning the material is important to me.. and tests can be retaken as many times as it takes for them to verify that they know the information.

    Term card sets 1 - 8 were due last Friday.  I have a few that didn't finish... and those few will be staying in for recess until they are done. If your kiddo is one that isn't done yet, I'll let you know via email either today or tomorrow morning.

     The first science warmup sheets are also coming home today.  Some were fantastic!  Some were  a hot mess! So that you can understand what all my little marks are, here are my warmup requirements:

1. All questions that are written on the board must be copied down as written..

2. All words that are written on the board must be spelled correct.

3. Papers must be as neat as possible. If I have to contact the CIA to decode your student's writing, they will be rewriting their papers again.  Some of the most common errors are words that are not separated by any spaces at all, as well as "a's" "g's and "b's" that are not closed and all look like each other.

4.  The beginning of all questions and answers must be started with a capital letter and all sentences should end in some sort of punctuation. These are things they definitely should have in place by now!

   Warmup sheets overall will be graded on content. One point for writing down the question correctly and 1 point for answering the question correctly.  All questions are gone over in class and answers are always written on the board and left up until the next class comes in so that there is plenty of time for them both to be copied.  And as I am REALLY trying to get them to pay attention to detail, all words that I write on the board must  be spelled correctly! I will take a point off for words that are misspelled. One here and there isn't an issue... but a page full of them is. And again.... these can be rewritten correctly for more credit.

The next science term card test over sets 1 - 8 will be in two weeks! That will give everyone (including me!) a much needed break.

That's all I have for now.  Congratulate yourselves and your kids on all their hard work! 
Mrs. Sadowski

No comments:

Post a Comment